Monday, November 23, 2015

Today starts the Thanksgiving prep taking out the turkey putting in the fridge to start thawing, making sure I have everything I need for the big feast.  This year I am actually going to do most of the cooking in advance (at least I hope I do).

What are some of the things you like to do in advance of the big feast to help keep down the stress of preparing the day of?

For me so far I already have the green beans done they are in the freezer.  I did a big batch of them a few months ago and froze most of it in meal size portions. I already have some pies done and in the freezer too, so I just have to re-bake them that day.  The way I am doing the mashed potatoes I will make them the day before and finish baking them in the oven the day of too.  When it comes to the rolls I still haven't decided if I want to make them from scratch or just buy them all ready made.  Of course the gravy (the most important part according to my daughter Sonja) will be made the day of.

Just a little to big to my rotisserie so it has to go in the oven.









In other news on since my last blog entry as of this morning I have lost a pound (YAY) and all I've really done so far is started drinking water.


If you are trying to lose weight what are some of the changes you have made in your life?

Have a Blessed day and Thanks for visiting,

Vickie


No comments:

Post a Comment